Greek church of Contessa Entellina
Church MARIA SS. ANNUNZIATA and S. NICOLO'
We know of its foundation that it was certainly present in 1404 before the Albanians came to Sicily and belonged to the old farmhouse where they settled. After the arrival of the Albanians it was already structurally in poor condition and by these it was rebuilt and dedicated to the patron saint San Nicolò di Mira. It has three naves. It has some valuable paintings including that of the Pietà and the Immaculate Conception and a beautiful statue of San Nicolò.
The main altar painting depicted the Virgin of the Annunciation, which was removed in 1883 to replace a shrine and the statue of the Virgin of the Rosary.
Until 1698 it served as a parish for both the Greeks and the Latins.